(Las Vegas – June 18, 2020) — MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) (“MGM Resorts”) announced that Delano Las Vegas is set to reopen July 1.
“We are pleased to bring more employees back to work,” said Bill Hornbuckle, MGM Resorts’ Acting CEO and President. “As we continue monitoring business demand, and with safety at the forefront of our planning, we are able to open additional resorts and build our workforce, which is so critically important to our community.”
Delano will join Bellagio, MGM Grand, New York-New York and Excalibur which opened earlier this month as well as Luxor (opening June 25), Mandalay Bay (opening July 1) and ARIA (opening July 1).
The health and safety of guests and employees is MGM Resorts’ highest priority. The company’s comprehensive “Seven-Point Safety Plan a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. The full plan can be reviewed at mgmresorts.com. The company continues to evaluate and evolve its safety protocols. Key initiatives include:
- Employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training
- COVID-19 testing offered for employees as they return to work in partnership with the local medical community
- Employees are required to wear masks; Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks, and in some settings where physical distancing is more difficult and/or barriers do not exist, are required to do so. Examples of where masks will be required include salons, certain table games where physical barriers are not in place and elevators, if riding with guests outside of their travel group. Masks are provided, free of charge
- A physical distancing policy has been implemented, with floor guides serving as reminders
- For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, plexiglass barriers have been installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks
- Standalone handwashing stations designed by MGM Resorts conveniently located on casino floors
- Contactless Check-In through the MGM Resorts App allows hotel guests to go through the check-in process on their personal devices, minimizing interactions
- Guestroom Attendants wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and change gloves between guestrooms
- In addition to increased and enhanced routine cleaning of guestrooms and public spaces based on CDC guidance, electrostatic sprayers are utilized in many large public spaces so that disinfectant is applied efficiently
- Digital menus are available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in the company’s food and beverage outlets
- To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests receive text message notification when their tables are ready
Days and hours of operation at all venues will vary. For a full listing of amenities that will be available at each resort, please visit mgmresorts.com. Complimentary self-parking is available for guests; valet parking will not be operational at this time.
For more information visit MGM