Mumbai city located in the western part of India is considered to be the country’s engine and the financial capital. This city is the most sought after by people who dream to achieve huge amounts of money or enter the world of stardom. People come here for various reasons. Fashion, food, history, culture, art etc., everything is ahead of the other parts of the country. It is indeed a great place to explore. With rich and affluent people coming here from all over the country and abroad for various reasons, there are several luxury hotels here that are worth the stay and will make you feel special here.
- Taj Mahal Palace: The best Taj Mahal hotel Mumbai is rather a chain of hotels and is among the most iconic heritage and oldest hotels in the country. It is rather the pride of Mumbai and was commissioned by Jamshedji Tata, one of the richest merchants of Mumbai city. There are rumors stating that Jamshedji had been refused to gain entry during those days into the well-known Watson’s Hotel. This had compelled him to start a luxury Indian hotel to allow Indians to stay in luxury. Besides being an amazing place to stay, it is also regarded to be among the popular architectural landmarks of the city. One suite named Ravi Shankar has derived this name since George Harrison, from the popular Beatles group had stayed here with Pt. Ravi Shankar and learnt to play the Sitar. The pools and spas of this hotel ooze luxury.
- Hotel Marine Plaza: This place is a real treat for guests as it offers fabulous and clear view of the beautiful and vast Arabian Sea. Located in South Mumbai, this hotel offers great views from the rooms. It is on the Marine Drive by Arabian Sea and redefines waking up early in the mornings to catch the sunrise over the sea. The large windows have been constructed quite thoughtfully to allow light to enter. To enjoy the much more of sea view, you can visit The Bayview restaurant. This is without doubt among the top luxury hotels in Mumbai.
- La Sutra Hotel: This hotel boasts of having 15 designers, 40 sculptors and 120 painters collaborating together to create this art luxury hotel and make it a unique one. The different rooms in the hotel are provided with mind boggling designs and paintings, based upon Hindu mythological theme. Its art gallery covers an area of 2,500 sq. ft. and is dedicated towards Indian contemporary art created by well-known Indian artists.
- Abode: It is among the top hotels in Mumbai and located in the busy Colaba Street. Once it was home to the 19th century distinguished businessman David Sassoon. Sassoon Library & Sassoon Dock has derived the name after him. Siane Pascale, the renowned architect of Young Citizen is known to have designed this boutique hotel. It is created in a manner to exude aesthetic luxury. You can find here vintage furniture and customized art deco that enhances interior decoration and are termed to be artistic display of that bygone era.
- Taj Lands End: During the trip to Mumbai, it does make sense to get accommodation in one of the top luxury hotels in Bandra, as it is located right in the centre of the city. This 5 star hotel allows you to stay in style with your family. Right from your room, you can get to see the gorgeous looking Bandra-Worli Sea Link and the vast Arabian Sea. You can even get to enjoy the Indian themed restaurants here including the ones which provide delicious and authentic Chinese food. Also is present a pool side bar which allows you to escape the tough grinds of life. Children can indulge in various types of special activities offered here.
- Trident Hotel, Bandra Kurla: |In case, you are visiting Mumbai for business purpose, then it is definitely the best hotels to be. Mumbai’s office hub is BKC (Bandra Kurla Complex), with Trident hotel located right in the centre of this locality. Hence, it is a fabulous place to hold executive lunches, meetings and make official visits to the city. The hotel’s much famed Continental, Indian and Japanese restaurants are credited with winning awards for its delicious cuisines, while locals and tourists alike flock to its vibrant nightclubs. Few of the country’s best contemporary artists had been commissioned for painting the hotel. Travelers & office executives are sure to love staying at this hotel.
- Hyatt Regency: Its floor to ceiling windows, marble baths and Malaysian teak floors are quite spell binding, elegant and offers premium comfort to travelers. It is located in the centre of Andheri, considered to be among the city’s busiest and crowded place. If the desire is to stay close to Mumbai airport, then this hotel is the place to stay. The enormous lavish suites and luxury spas are quite inviting.
- The Westin, Garden City: It is located to the airport. There is a restaurant built on its 18th floor, overlooking the city’s vast expanse. From here, you can get view of the sunset, which is really magical. This hotel boasts of being among the most booked in the city, catering to tourists of all types, be it for casual or business visits. There are also rooms dedicated only to women guests in an entire floor!
- Gordon House Hotel: This hotel during the 19th century was once the residence of a popular businessman named Arthur Gordon. There are 29 luxuriously built rooms with every floor having different themes. You can have the opportunity to stay in Scandinavian beauty or Mediterranean bliss. All Stir Fry, the renowned restaurant is located on the hotel’s ground floor inviting locals & travelers alike to have delicious food. Staying at this hotel will make you to get that old colonial feeling, when the city was filled with Persian, Parsi and British businessmen.
The above are few of the many luxury hotels here in Mumbai that you can consider booking to have a grand stay.