The Gambling industry has benefited significantly from a shift from physical casinos to online gambling, albeit a glaring absence of real brick and mortar casinos’ glitz and glamour. VR Casinos are a phenomenal creation, combining dazzling, computer-generated graphics and effective sound effects to create an almost real casino experience that can not compare to ordinary online casinos. It is worth noting that VR casinos are yet to catch up with their online counterparts as the tech is relatively in its infancy. However, the casino games that can be played virtually are awesome with features such as:
- A Highly Interactive environment with surreal audio and visual effects
- Allows interaction with other gamblers
- Interesting collection of characters to use in your session
- Regular addition of newer, exciting games
- Enabled chat functions and voice use
- Well laid out casino rooms in 3D
- Game tables in 3D, allowing engagement with simulated dealers
Requirements for VR Casino
The demands of VR games differ greatly from those of ordinary games, and traditional equipment like the average desktop are not adequate for a VR game session. To enjoy a VR Casino session, you will need various gadgets, including:
A Computer or Laptop
There are specific specs requirements for a computer or laptop to make it suitable for VR gambling like:
- 8 GB RAM minimum
- HDMI 1.3 output compatibility
- 2 USB 3.0 ports
- Windows 7 SP1 or higher
- Minimum Intel i5-4590 or above
- AMD 290/ NVIDIA GTX 970 for graphics
VR headsets are high-end gadgets, and proper research is required before making a purchase. The most important element to have in mind is finding a headset compatible with your computer and establishing the type of games you will be playing. Popular VR headsets available for the perfect virtual experience include the:
- HTC Vive
- Sony Playstation
- Oculus Rift
- Valve Stream VR
- Google Daydream
- Samsung Gear VR
- Razer OSVR
Once you have identified a software provider with a compatible package for your hardware, download and install it to experience a VR casino session.
These gloves mimic traditional game controlling devices and allow the game to take notice of your presence. However, you can still use a traditional mouse and a keypad to control the game if data gloves are beyond your capability.
Popular VR Casino Games
VR gambling was preceded by online casino platforms such as the Grande Vegas online casino. VR technology has brought a refreshing atmosphere, and new VR Casino games are released regularly to meet the rising demand for virtual gambling. Some of the most well-reviewed casino VR games include:
Slotsmillion, the first real money VR Casino, is the creation of Lucky VR and performs best on Oculus Rift. The bookmaker provides a wide selection of VR slot games of popular games like Twin Spin, Gonzo’s Quest, Cloud Quest, and Starbust.
VR Blackjack offers a fantastic experience for players, and Blackjack Bailey’s VR casino game gives an unforgettable experience, although you cannot play with real money.
Casino VR Poker
This is arguably one of the less complex and popular VR casino games.
Mr Green VR
The vibrant bookmaker Mr Green, offers Roulette VR and Blackjack VR, currently operational on mobile phones only.
This game provides a fun experience for multi-gaming and makes for an almost real simulation
Pros and Cons of VR Casino Games
VR casinos breathe fresh air in the online gambling scene, standing out for various reasons including:
- Excitement and close to reality-VR technology easily bring the pomp and blitz of Vegas to casino sessions without leaving your home’s confines.
- Bonuses and Promotions- As a VR casino gambler, you stand multiple chances of winning bonuses and promotional offers to boost your gambling kitty.
- In-game Chats-This feature adds a social aspect to the game, allowing an experience that is close to reality.
- Wide collection of games- Online casinos have stepped up to create VR casinos for their customers to meet the ever-rising demand for virtual experiences.
- Multi gaming- VR allows multiple players to participate in casino games and even have conversations in play.
- A chance to win money-Every gambler has their eyes set on a prize, and with virtual casinos, the opportunities to win are endless.
- Continuous improvement of VR games- The demand for VR casino games is very high and a pushing factor for gaming companies to add more games to their portfolio
- High spending risk: The relaxed atmosphere coupled with privacy can lead to out of budget spending and calls for gambling discipline.
- Addictive-VR’s ability to create an ideal Vegas experience can lead to an addiction to the games.
- Social unawareness-Some players get too immersed in the game to notice their surroundings.
- Costly equipment-VR equipment is expensive and may be out of reach for a large percentage of the population.
- Requires computer skills and knowledge-Identifying, downloading, and installing VR software requires some tech knowledge.
Cons of VR Casino Games
Stakeholders in the gaming industry are hopeful for major gains in the VR gambling scene if VR casino’s demand is anything to go by. As tech experts rush to incorporate virtual reality in the mobile and gaming sectors, online gambling is sure to benefit from a better user experience and improved customer satisfaction.