We were lucky enough to attend the opening night of the Centurion Suite at Staples Center.
Located above the San Manuel Club, the lounge has a prime view of all the action. We watched the first hockey game of the season – the Kings VS. the Sharks. With a totally packed sold-out stadium, we loved the ultra-luxurious space: plenty of room to move around, mix, mingle and enjoy the game.
This VIP space offers a full service bar with a complete selection of finely crafted cocktails, beer & wine, and an array of non-alcoholic beverages for purchase. Guests can also purchase and order premium food items from the bar, prepared by renowned Levy Restaurants Chef Joseph Martin.
The Centurion Suite is conveniently located on Suite Level B.
After entering STAPLES Center from any main entrance, Card Members can proceed to the Centurion Suite check-in, located on the Main Concourse across from aisle M22 (next to the Team LA Store).
Here, a Guest Services Team Member will assist in checking in all Card Members on a first-come, first-served basis until The Centurion Suite has reached maximum capacity.
The event began with a Stanley Cup presentation (since the Kings won last year).
1. We were seated at a table with our own waitress and feasted on burgers, sashimi, fries and fish taco. It was nice to have premium liquor too. Macallan 12 was the drink of choice for the evening.
2. The best seats in the Centurion Suite are the lounge chairs that sit at the entrance of the suite. For optimal service, have a seat at the bar and admire the view of your favorite game. The suite is only open during sporting events.
3. The Centurion Suite is open to all Platinum Card® and Centurion® Members on a first-come, first served basis during most STAPLES Center professional sports games.
4. A first of its kind, The Centurion Suite at STAPLES Center features elevated design, service and experience in a sports venue, akin to The Centurion℠ Lounge, American Express’ premium airport lounge network.
5. The Centurion Suite allows eligible card members to bring up to 3 guests with them into the suite.
6. The Capacity for the Centurion Suite is 150 people.
7. The Centurion Suite opens 2 hours prior to game time
8. The Centurion Suite features a charging station for mobile phones as well as a digital photo experience
9. The Centurion Suite features sleek, modern and comfortable seating with a prime view to watch the game in its entirety
10. While we were there, the Stanley Cup was brought up to the suite for us to take pictures with it…now that completes the VIP experience.
Photo Credit: Imeh Akpanudosen, Getty Images for American Express