Las Vegas got an infusion of the flavors of Latin America when Chef Lorena Garcia opened her new Latin cuisine restaurant, Chica Las Vegas. The restaurant is a collaboration between the creator of The Venetian’s award-winning Yardbird Southern Table & Bar, John Kunkel and Chef Garcia. Similar to the Yardbird, Chica Las Vegas will also be located inside of The Venetian. The restaurant is the first of its kind in the Las Vegas market.
According to Chef Lorena Garcia, “Developing the menu for Chica has been one of the greatest joys of my career. I am so proud to share my exciting Latin flavors and cuisine with the thousands of travelers from around the world who visit Las Vegas,”
The featured menu for the restaurant takes inspiration from all over Latin America, including flavors from Venezuela, Peru, Brazil, Mexico, and Argentina.
Some of the items in Chica’s menu include dishes like:
- Asado Negro Arepas, a homemade anise, and piloncillo areas stuffed with braised short ribs and garnished with pickled onions and cilantro.
- Meyer Lemon Rotisserie Chicken, chicken served with Peruvian purple potato salad, fresh hearts of palm and herb chimichurri.
- Tuna Ceviche which is made from tuna nikkei in an infused leche de tigre.
- Kale Lime Chopped Salad tossed in a citrus vinaigrette, topped with sour green apples, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and croutons.
- Marinated Churrasco Steak which is served with thick cut fries and herb chimichurri and creamy huancaina sauce.
The bar contains classic cocktails, but they will include a twist by highlighting the spirits that Latin America has to offer including tequila, mezcal, and rum. One of the main cocktails that is offered is the F.W Margarita. The cocktail is a play on the classic margarita but with a sweet and spicy tequila, fresh lime, Fresno chili, fresh pressed watermelon juice and orange bitters with cilantro.
Chica’s also offers a variety of wine for the guest to select. The wine list emphasizes its ties to old world wine as well as focus on highlighting the strong female winemakers from around the world. The design and ambiance of the restaurant pays tribute to its Latin roots by boasting vivid colors and a chic contemporary accent.
The restaurant features multiple private dining that will offer groups space to enjoy various events and parties. There are also smaller places for intimate and romantic affairs.
For more information please visit Chica Las Vegas. Reservations can be made via OpenTable or by calling 702-805-8472.