There are few hotels in London that have a reputation quite like Brown’s. Owned by Sir Rocco Forte and part of his eponymous Forte Collection, the hotel is made up of 11 Georgian townhouses and no two rooms are alike. In service for nearly 200 years, the hotel has been the home away from home for presidents, prime ministers, royalty and celebrities, as well as a myriad of celebrated authors, such as Oscar Wilde, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and Bram Stoker. Based on that cultivated and erudite trajectory, the hotel recently announced their “Town + Country Literary Escape” experience – the ultimate break for lovers of all things luxury and ‘literary escape’ alike. Rocco Forte Hotels Design Director and Deputy Chairman Olga Polizzi has put together this incredible package, incorporating stays at not just Brown’s but two other properties Ms. Forte has personally designed: Endsleigh in Devon and Tresanton in Cornwall.
Guests start with a two night stay at Brown’s located in the heart of Mayfair. Copies of books by Rudyard Kipling, who wrote ‘The Jungle Book’ during his stay at Brown’s and Agatha Christie, who based her novel ‘At Bertram’s Hotel’ will be in your room on arrival.
From Mayfair, guests are invited to Hotel Endsleigh, near the pretty town of Tavistock in Devon, for two nights staying in this historic house set in 108 acres of stunning gardens designed by Humphry Repton in 1814. Devon is the setting for many stories, including the classic, ‘The Hound of The Baskervilles’ by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
From Devon, guests head over to Cornwall, (Poldark county, no less) to Ms. Polizzi’s waterside locale, Hotel Tresanton, located in the tiny yet unbelievably beautiful fishing village of St. Mawes; the town is the perfect base from which to explore the Cornish countryside and get a ‘Literary Escape’.
Guests will return back to city life after this escape having traveled a bit in the footsteps of some of these famous authors, as well as discovering some of the most beautiful areas in England.
The ‘Town and Country Literary
- Two nights’ accommodation at Brown’s Hotel in London with breakfast
- A copy of ‘The Jungle Book’ by Rudyard Kipling, as well as ‘At Bertram’s Hotel’ by Agatha Christie in Brown’s Hotel
- Two nights’ accommodation at Hotel Endsleigh in Devon with breakfast
- A copy of ‘The Hound of the Baskervilles’ by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and ‘And Then There Were None’ by Agatha Christie in Hotel Endsleigh on arrival
- Two nights’ accommodation at Hotel Tresanton in Cornwall with breakfast
- A copy of ‘Rebecca’ by Daphne Du Maurier and ‘The Shell Seekers’ by Rosamunde Pilcher in Hotel Tresanton on arrival.
This package of ‘Town and Country Literary Escape’ is available from April 10th until September 13th and subject to availability.
Prices start from £1990 for this six-night package. Transfers between the three hotels can be arranged on request.