Virginie Taittinger, the only woman in the world with her own Champagne label, has selected Swinton Park as the first UK hotel partner for the launch of her new champagne label, VIRGINIE T.
Swinton Park’s status as a luxury hotel steeped in history led Virginie Taittinger to select the hotel especially as the first in the UK to stock VIRGINIE T. As the former ancestral seat of the Earl of Swinton with a renowned quality of service, Swinton Park was the perfect partner for the new champagne label, which will be stocked at the hotel from 6th March 2014.
Like Swinton Park, Virginie Taittinger has a rich heritage and unrivalled experience when it comes to champagne. Her father’s family name remains one of the most recognisable in the Champagne world, whilst her mother’s side of the family owned Champagne brand Piper-Heidsieck for over a century. Virginie herself worked with the Tattinger brand for 20 years and is today the only female in the world to own her own champagne label.
The Champagne heiress and Tour de France fan was also keen to toast ties between France and Yorkshire, with the official Tour de France ‘Grand Depart’ 2014 starting in Yorkshire on 5th July. The riders will wind their way through Swinton Park’s own Swinton Estate, creating the perfect opportunity to mark the famous race with a bottle of VIRGINIE T.
“I am proud to call myself a descendant of the Taittinger family but I am even prouder of the fact that I will be known as an ancestor of VIRGINIE T. I could not be more thrilled to be introducing my new champagne to the UK through Swinton Park and I look forward to raising a glass as the Tour de France passes through”, said Virginie Taittinger.
The blending of the signature VIRGINIE T. Champagne is carried out in a Grand Cru vineyard in the hills around Reims. 85% of the grapes come from vineyards such as Verzy, Verzenay and Avize, with the remaining 15% sourced from highly rated Crus, in particular, Chardonnay from Villers Marmery. It also has a very low sugar content compared to its competitors.
Swinton Park is a family-run hotel, nestled within the 20,000 acres of Swinton Estate in the Yorkshire Dales. The former ancestral seat of the Earl of Swinton has been owned by the Cunliffe-Lister family since the late 1800’s. Comprising 31 stylishly appointed bedrooms and suites, individually designed, featuring generously-sized bathrooms and superb views across the surrounding 200 acres of landscaped Parkland. With pursuits offered such as cookery, fishing, golf, riding, falconry and shooting, Swinton Park provides the perfect countryside getaway. The hotel’s quality of service is continually celebrated; Swinton Park was most recently featured in Trip Advisor’s top 10 best UK places to stay in 2014. Room rates start from £165 per room per night on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis.
Swinton Park gives the ultimate luxury castle experience!