2 Michelin-star chef Michel Rostang concocted a 5-course fine dining experience alongside the Executive Chef of Eden Roc at Cap Cana,Hernan Griccini.
(The dinner began with the welcome cocktail by Chef Hernan Griccini–Laurent-perrier, Brut NV.)
(The theme was Belle Epoch)
(The event was held at Eden Roc’s Mediterranean Restaurant with a gorgeous table setting.)
(Beaded chandeliers dangled from the ceiling, simulating the rainfall of a tropical climate.)
Our 5-course meal began with delicious wine pairings.
1. Caviar Malossol, smoked Royal sturgeon, black spaghetti cannelloni by Grand Chef Michael Rostang, served with pouilly-fuisse, calvet grande reserve, 2012.
2. Langostino lobster tail served cold, tarragon syrup, cream of almonds and shellfish, fresh herbs by Grand Chef Michel Rostang served with Pouilly-Fuisse, calvet grande reserve, 2012.
3. Foie gras fume roti entier, risotto-style artichokes, aged port wine reduction by Grand Chef Michel Rostang served with alsace pinot blanc, calvet, 2012.
4. Roasted fillet of lamb, carrot purée, organic baby Veges, and coffee jus by Chef Hernan Griccini served with Gevrey-Chambertin, Joseph Drouhin, 2005.
5. Surprise chocolate dome with mousse of coconut and brugal titanium rum by Chef Hernan Griccini served with campagne, laurent-perrier, demi sec NV.
(The 60th Anniversary cake was served with sparklers.)
(Michel Rostang with the staff of Eden Roc.)
(Michel Rostang is presented an award. From left to right: Chef Hernan Griccini, Michel Rostang & CEO of Solaya Hotels & Resorts Paolo Sanavia)
(Guests were treated to a Brugal Rum tasting after the dinner. It tasted very similar to whisky.)
(Michel Rostang with the bartenders.)
Son, grandson and great-grandson famous gastronomy-lover cooks, Michael Rostang continues for more than 30 years this familial adventure. Born in a family dedicated to the pleasures of a plentiful table, he is the the 5th generation to carry on and ensure the transmission of the Rostang’s culinary know-how. “[His] cuisine is a reflection of [his] personality: simple and generous.”
Chef Hernan Griccini – Executive Chef, Eden Roc at Cap Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
Chef Hernan Griccini was born in Santa Fe, Argentina and was raised in the kitchen of his father’s wood oven bakery. He has been the Executive Chef of various Relais & Chateaux properties as well as the 5-star rated restaurant Ches Nous. He placed personal emphasis on his passion, commitment, and his vast gastronomical savoir-faire. [His] cooking focuses on the beauty of its ingredients, highlighted their flavors and essence.”