Our friends at Classic Travel have sent us a stellar recommendation for the incredible Anantara Resort Riverside in Bangkok. The property is the only urban tropical resort in Bangkok, perfectly situated on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. It is unique combination of city life and resort luxury.
Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort features a total of 408 rooms and suites which were fully completed the refurbishment in early 2015. The resort’s 11 acres is located on the riverbanks of the Chao Phraya River.
The resort location is ideal for venturing and discovering the famous landmarks of this fascinating city. Complimentary shuttle boat services offer the most convenient travel essential for those who are keen to discover more of this amazing City of Angels. The most popular destination that our guests are visiting is Asiatique which is the biggest lifestyle night market and the new landmark of Bangkok. Other nearby attractions easily accessible by river boats include the Grand Palace, The Reclining Buddha, the Temple of Dawn, Chinatown and the Flower Market.
Anantara is magnificently set overlooking the majestic Chao Phraya River, offering tranquility for relaxation by the pool shaded by tropical gardens. Cherish early morning tea on the balcony overlooking the river and explore the delights of Bangkok just outside our gates. Added guest experiences include the “Handy”, a mobile device which offers complimentary calls to selected countries, free wifi access and information on discovering this fascinating city.
Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort offers world flavors with a choice of 10 distinctive bars and restaurants including:
- The Market: known for serving one of the best gourmet breakfasts in the city with endless panorama of the river.
- Brio: a classic Italian restaurant delighting diners with authentic Italian flavours in a Tuscan villa setting.
- Trader Vic’s: Polynesian style and Pacific Rim inspired restaurant and a trendsetting riverside location for the popular Mai Tai Sunday brunch overlooking the beautiful river view.
- Benihana, an award-winning Japanese steakhouse offering “eatertainment” experience with skills chefs performing to the sizzling sensation of the teppanyaki offers.
- Riverside Terrace: a sensational seafood and BBQ buffet with nightly Thai contemporary performances with a majestic river backdrop.
- Numero Uno: deli café with freshly baked pastries and a chocolate-lovers haven.
- Elephant Bar: Asian inspired lounge bar for pre-dinner cocktails or premium liquors enjoyed with live sports coverage.
- Longtail Bar: a perfect excuse to enjoy the resort mixologist’s artisan cocktails with spectacular views of the river.
- Loy Nam Bar: refreshments and snacks enjoyed amidst lush tropical gardens at the swimming pool.
- Manohra Cruises: step aboard a beautifully restored antique rice barge and cruise in old world elegance along the River of Kings while savouring the authentic Royal Thai cuisine.
The Market restaurant is where guests have breakfast, the popular spot in the morning. It’s not only a place to enjoy one of the best gourmet breakfasts in town with more than 100 international delicacies, but also an experience of the beautiful sunrise from the Chao Phraya River.
In the evening, the in-house and local guests are always gathering at Trader Vic’s where Polynesian and Pacific Rim cuisine is served with a choice of innovative Mai Tai cocktails, complemented by the live music.
For those who like to experience the rich culture of Thailand, they are offered a dining experience of authentic Thai cuisine on Manohra Cruises, an old rice barge that has been restored. Located on Chao Phraya River, it is the best way to see the magnificent attractions of Bangkok city.
In addition to the dining experience, the indulgent spa treatment at Anantara Spa is an option for the perfect retreat for that much needed pampering and relaxation. With Anantara Spa offering a wide range of premium treatments, it is an experience that is not to be missed.
THE INFAMOUS TWO BEDROOM CHAO PHRAYA RIVER SUITE.
The Two-Bedroom Chao Phraya River Suite is the top of the line, with 114 sq meter overlooking the lush garden, swimming pool and the majestic Chao Phraya River. Breathtaking river views and extravagant space epitomize these sumptuous two bedroom suites, offering an impeccable stay for families or friends traveling together.
Smooth clean lines with a whitewash finish complement contemporary Thai-inspired artistry. Elegantly furnished bedrooms adjoin marble floor bathrooms, each featuring a generous bathtub, separate rain forest shower and designer amenities. Delight in meals at the sophisticated dining area and flowing space opening onto a well-appointed lounge and a waterfront vista. With a wine cooler, two mini bars, an iPod dock and three LED TVs and DVD players offering entertaining and relaxing pleasures, these suites feel wonderfully decadent.