Marin Hopper’s Hollywood legacy is not the traditional kind, that’s for sure. Her mother, Brooke Hayward, met fellow actor Dennis Hopper at The Actor’s Studio and were married in 1961 and divorced before Hopper’s seminal role, Easy Rider. Growing up Hopper was definitely off the beaten track, and that lifestyle and upbringing is reflected in her line of handbags, aptly entitled Hayward. Her designs have been available for nearly a year now, but next month Ms. Hopper opens her flagship store on the Upper East side in the landmark Atterbury Mansion building. Between prepping for her big debut and the opening at USC of her father’s personal collection of films, photos and other ephemera, Ms. Hopper graciously gave us her Top Five.
1. Recently when I was vacationing at one of my favorite spas in the Napa Valley, Solage, I fell in love with shopping at Flats, in St. Helena, for their extremely luxurious cashmere and charming shoes.
2. I adore my dog Shadow, a Shih-Tzu who I rescued two years ago. He fits perfectly under the seat on any flight between LA and NY – so we are always together. In NY, he gets the most adorable haircuts and charming accessories at Reme’s Oggi Pets. He is also loves to visit Posh Pets when in LA.
3. During frequent trips to Taos, New Mexico I adore going to the restaurant The Love Apple for its delicious farm to table perfection, and divine atmosphere. It is housed inside an exquisite old adobe chapel.
4) In Florence, Italy, I often go to Flair for design inspiration. It has some of the most incredible mid-century modern objects and furniture pieces in Europe.
5) The Royal Academy in London is not only in a great location, but has some of the most interesting shows in the UK. It is beloved and supported by artists throughout the world.
For more on Marin Hopper and Hayward, click here.
Written by Susan Michals