Wine is a relaxing antioxidant that can calm the soul…as some of you may know. For this Father’s Day, treat Dad to some of the best wines on the market. We have curated this incredible list for you so that you can give your dad the experience he deserves. Pine Ridge Vineyards and Seghesio are the perfect gifts for the dad who isn’t into the ordinary. Remember there are so many health benefits to having wine.
The Pine Ridge Vineyards was established in 1978. The Pine Ridge founder Gary Andrus is inspired by the illustrious wines of Bordeaux and believed in Napa Valley’s potential to produce wines of a similar or even more extraordinary quality. His first success’ included the Bordeaux varietals, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, and Petit Verdot, which became what he was known for. He believes his wines are all about the balanced classically proportioned expressive wines that promote the commitment to the future of sustainability and innovation. Here are our top picks:
· 2013 Pine Ridge Vineyards FORTIS Cabernet Sauvignon (SRP $200): This stunning, deep ruby wine presents a harmonious bouquet that overflows with sweet plum, blueberry jam and dark black cherry, intertwined with touches of mocha, allspice, sweet vanilla and sandalwood. The palate fills the mouth with flavors of ripe raspberry, blackberry pie and juicy plum.
· 2013 Pine Ridge Vineyards Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon (SRP $125): Powerful and complex, this deep garnet wineoffers alluring aromas of ripe black cherry, red raspberry and rich dark plum that mingle with layers of cocoa powder, cassis and black licorice. The entry is lush and silky, leading into touches of creamy vanilla toast, dried sage leaf and maple-brown sugar on the structured finish, supported by smooth, velvety tannins.
· 2014 Pine Ridge Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon(SRP $64): Ruby red in color, this wine opens with alluring aromas of fresh black raspberry, boysenberry and ripe red plum, swirling with hints of red licorice, fragrant cinnamon and vanilla crème brûlée. Enchanting and luscious, the palate opens with dark ripe cherry and juicy blackberry that join with suggestions of white pepper, fresh mint leaf and berry cola.
Seghesio Family Vineyards are part of the history of the Sonoma wine industry. Through the past century, they have dealt with the challenges of society and still have remained resilient. Through adaptation and reinvention, they have functioned based on principles they hold dear to their heart: heritage, traditio, and community. Her are some of our favorite wines.
· 2014 Seghesio Family Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel (SRP $40):Deeply perfumed aromas of raspberry and old vine Zinfandel’s intrinsic briary spiciness with layered bright fruit flavors reminiscent of a cherry pie with a graham cracker crust. Notes of old vine Zinfandel’s complex spice undertones and low yields in the vineyard preserved the vibrant natural acidity and balanced tannins through the long, persistent finish.
· 2015 Seghesio Family Vineyards Defiant Red Blend (SRP $38): A bold new red blend, Defiant is a distinctive, full-bodied red blend led by Seghesio’s signature varietal – expertly crafted Zinfandel from estate-farmed vineyards. Cabernet Sauvignon, Alicante, Barbera, and Syrah round out the blend. The result is dark, savory and bold, exhibiting youthful blackberry, mocha and spicy aromas followed by flavors of black fruits, pepper and savory notes on the palate.