1. Beck and Score/Destination Luxury World Cup Experience
Trip Dates: June 10 – 16 | June 16 – 22 | June 22 – 28
Take your 2014 FIFA World Cup™ Brazil experience to an “epic” level with our Garrett “GMAC” McNamara Surf Adventure. A legend in the sport of surfing, GMAC is best known for riding the largest wave ever surfed (100-feet at Nazaré, Portugal), and from June 12 – 26, he’ll be joining us in beautiful Búzios, our official getaway city 100 miles outside Rio de Janeiro, to offer Beck & Score members the ultimate waterman experience.
Throughout the two weeks, GMAC will provide daily surf lessons exclusively to our guests, presenting the rare opportunity to venture past the break with the world record holder himself. Wavejets, stand-up paddleboards, longboards and shortboards will be waiting by the water for when you arrive. You can also catch GMAC on land during select Beck & Score dinners (at Veuve Clicquot’s Rocka Restaurant) as well as throughout his stay inthis lively beach town.
Garrett “GMAC” McNamara Surf Adventure includes:
• Daily Surf Sessions with Garret McNamara at destination surf spot in Búzios
• 6 night stay in a luxury Búzios villa
• Official MATCH Hospitality ticket-inclusive hospitality package to a 2014 FIFA
World Cup™ group-stage match
• Private, round trip Búzios game-day ground transfers to and from Rio de Janeiro
• Private hosted dinner at Rocka restaurant in Búzios
• Concierge services through Beck & Score’s proprietary Valet solution
• Onsite protective agents and complimentary access to armored vehicle transfers
• Complimentary Visa Proxy
Trip Advisor put together a list of the top 10 experiences in Buzios for your enjoyment.
Starting at $11,500 per person (based on double-occupancy)
Please call for more information 510.326.4934
For details about the trip, click here.
2. Traverse the picturesque Lemaire Channel on this exhilarating 12-day adventure
Marvel at the steaming black sand beach in Paradise Bay, a sunken volcanic caldera. Gain a deeper understanding of the region and the environment from the region’s most seasoned and dynamic guides. This departure includes the rare opportunity to visit U.S. Palmer Station with Professor James McClintock, author of Lost Antarctica, who has been conducting research here for more than 25 years.
Classic Antarctica Departure with Abercrombie & Kent
Room Details: Category 5: Two bedroom, two bath suite. Published price: $18,995 per person, double occupancy.
Special Rate: $15,196 per person, double occupancy (save $3,799 per person)
More information: click here
3. Explore Ancient Buddhist Cities and Ride an Elephant in Sri Lanka
Luxury tour operator Artisans of Leisure announces the launch of new private Sri Lanka tours. The trips are filled with authentic, hands-on experiences that capture the best of the beautiful island country, such as:
• Touring a historic tea factory with the resident tea planter
• Learning to prepare Sri Lankan curry during a private cooking lesson
• Riding elephants at a private sanctuary
• Visiting a spice plantation
• Enjoying a private performance of traditional Sri Lankan dance and fire walking
• Exploring the monuments and ruins of ancient Buddhist cities
• Wildlife touring and private game drives in national parks
• Appointments at Ayurvedic spas
• Touring the country estate of influential Sri Lankan architect Geoffrey Bawa
• Staying at top luxury hotels and resorts that embrace the culture and history of Sri Lanka, including Amangalla and Tea Trails
Trips range from $5000 to $10,000
Artisans of Leisure arranges private, customized luxury tours in more than 50 countries worldwide. For more information, click here
4. Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic Adventure
Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic has announced Wild Islands & Treasures of Baja California, a new expedition that balances the Baja peninsula’s twin facets: culture and wildness.
Set aboard the 62-guest National Geographic Sea Bird, Lindblad has planned two 8-day holiday voyages with departures on December 20 and 27, 2014.
Expedition Highlights include:
• Explore pristine desert islands rife with endemic species, rare plants, and towering forests of cacti.
• Stroll the charming seaside town of Todos Santos, a Pueblo Magico, and meet contemporary artists who live and exhibit their work here.
• Search for humpback whales, active off the southern coast of the peninsula.
• Hike a desert arroyo to see ancient art, handprints hidden in a cave for millennia, and feel a connection to the ancients in this high, remote desert.
• Snorkel at Cabo Pulmo, a vibrant reef and model for ocean conservation; and with the sea lions at Los Islotes.
• Kayak, swim, and hike the pristine desert islands of the Sea of Cortez, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Rates begin at $5,690 per person based on double occupancy in a category 1 cabin. To receive the special $550 airfare credit, guests must book their voyage by July 31, 2014. The air credit is valid on new bookings only and not combinable with other offers.
5. Live the Nomadic Life in Mongolia
Travelers yearning to cross two bucket-list adventures off their lists-crossing the Trans-Siberian Railway and traveling to Mongolia-can now do so with Nomadic Expeditions’ new collection of Trans-Siberian Railway trips.
The award-winning outfitter has rolled out nine new exclusive train trips on two different train lines, spanning Russia, Mongolia and China, with select routes concluding with a Gobi Desert extension where travelers stay in Nomadic Expeditions’ luxury ger camp, the Three Camel Lodge. Three Camel Lodge, the award-winning lodge located in the heart of the Gobi desert, provides a once-in-a-lifetime experience of staying in handmade felt gers that face southward (a nomadic Mongolian tradition) and boast stunning views of the desert and Gobi-Altai Mountains.
Both the Tsar’s Gold rail trips and the Golden Eagle Luxury Trains offer routes inclusive of a stay in Nomadic Expeditions’ Three Camel Lodge in Mongolia, allowing guests to join two unique, bucket-list experiences in one trip. From Three Camel Lodge, guests are invited to explore sand dunes, dramatic canyons and cliffs home to dinosaur fossils, and green valleys in the foothills of the Gobi-Altai Mountains, providing for an immersive experience unavailable elsewhere in the world.
For more info click here
6. Take the Jungle Cruise through the Amazon
Launching this June, a floating architectural gem, the M/V Cattleya will celebrate its maiden voyage with Rainforest Cruises, a boutique travel company specializing in traditional and authentic Amazon River cruises and riverboat tours.
Named after a genus of orchid on account of its beauty, the eight-passenger boutique vessel is due to offer intimate and luxurious cruises to the remote and little visited Pacaya-Samiria Reserve in the Loreto region of the Peruvian Amazon.
Specially designed to be sleeker and have a smaller engine than other vessels in the region, the Cattleya will have the ability to quietly navigate further along the narrow tributaries and channels of the Amazon River, increasing the chance of passengers spotting illusive wildlife and allowing for a more peaceful and comfortable journey.
Her four suites, stylishly decorated with king-size beds and covered with sheets made of the finest linens and luxury bathrobes, award guests a five-star feel. Suite amenities include minibars, en-suite bathrooms – equipped with relaxing hot showers, ideal after jungle trekking – and air-conditioning to keep guests refreshingly cool in the Amazonian humidity.
To celebrate her launch, Rainforest Cruises is offering special discounts on all four or five-day Cattleya cruises in 2014, with savings of up to $600 per person. Bookings must be made before July 1, 2014 and are subject to availability.
The four and five day 2014 Cattleya cruises with discount now cost $1,799 and $2,299 respectively.
Visit website: Luxury Travel Magazine