Everyone wants to have a beautiful garden. However, not everyone has the luxury of owning a big yard. But even if your backyard is small, you can still transform it into the garden of your dreams. With some imagination, a few decorations, and some upcycling and DIY, you can have a beautiful garden even if you have limited space. Not to mention that sites like https://naturaldwellers.com/
- Plan Carefully – When designing a small patch of land or area, you need to plan and consider things first. Doing so will make your life easier. For instance, how much space do you have? What will be the theme of your small garden? Are you going for a minimalistic style? Or are you a fan of colourful and vivid colours? What about flooring a portion of the space you have with wood decks or with composite decking for a garden? These are only a few questions that you need to think about. Knowing the answers to these will help you decorate your garden with ease.
- Plant More – What’s a garden without some plants and flowers? For a small garden, you may want to choose low-maintenance and cheap plants. Some of the best choices are mini evergreens trees and perennial flowers. Plants native to your area are also excellent choices. However, make sure not to overcrowd your garden. Having too much will make your garden even smaller
- Vertical Gardening – If you really want to have a small garden with a lot of flowers and plants, there are a few ways to circumvent the space problem. One such way is by having a vertical garden. You can do this by stacking the plants vertically using different objects. For instance, you can transform an old wooden step ladder as a shelf for your plants. Another way is to hang small plants using plastic bottles or tin cans. You can even use an old drawer as a vertical planter.
- Paint the Garden – There are many ways to go about it when it comes to painting. Of course, you have the freedom to choose which colour you like best. However, make sure that it will suit the style you’re aiming for. If you’re unsure, there are some recommended colours that you should use. For instance, you can use light-coloured paint to make the garden appear bigger. Go for whites, greys, pale colours. Whereas using darker shades can make it look smaller, which is something you don’t want to do.
- Use Mirrors – Due to limited space, your garden may look cramped. Fortunately, there are many ways around this issue. One excellent way is to use some mirrors. Large mirrors on the side, along the fences or the hedges, will make your garden visually spacious. However, when using mirrors, make sure to place and angle them in the right spots. You don’t want to see unattractive reflections on the mirror.
- Go With Foldables – An excellent way to spice up your garden is by placing furniture. You can set up some tables and chairs. The bad news is, most furniture takes up a lot of space. When the garden is too crowded, it may look chaotic rather than beautiful. So instead of using bulky furniture, make use of small ones. You can also use some foldable tables and chairs to save some space. And the good thing is, you can keep them whenever you’re not using them.
- Fake Grass Tiles – Planting a new layer of grass on your small garden is not only expensive but time-consuming as well. Not to mention, you will need regular maintenance to keep it looking beautiful. With that said, not everyone has the time and budget for real grass. So instead of using real turf, why not use fake ones. Why use fake grass? First, they are very easy to install. They come in rolls and tiles. Fake grass tiles are better suited for smaller gardens that the rolls. Fake grass is also easy to maintain. No need for mowing the lawn every so often. Finally, they are relatively affordable, considering they’re easy to install and low-maintenance. And best of all, most fake grass tiles on the market are becoming more and more grass-like. Manufacturers make them to not only look like real grass but also feel like one. However, not everyone is a fan of artificial grass. But if you don’t mind it, it’s worth looking into.