Chicago’s Coolest New Spot Now Open for Reservations: Soho House
by in Travel
1. Soho House is bringing their unique member’s club model to Chicago with a planned September opening.
2. The fifth North American location (following New York, Miami Beach, West Hollywood and Toronto) is now available for reservations.
3. Soho House is as a private members’ club for those in the film, media and creative industries.
4. The group has gradually expanded to include Houses across Europe and North America, as well as restaurants, cinemas, spas and hotels.
5. Membership runs around $1,000 per year, and members are granted access to a single property or a the global network at an additional rate annually.
6. Clubs exist in the UK, Berlin and across North America. The portfolio also includes a spa, 15 restaurants, a line of branded body and hair products and a standalone hotel, Dean Street Townhouse.
7. What can guests expect at the new Soho House Chicago? The six-floor historic building, home to the original Chicago Belting Factory, includes two floors of bedrooms with special touches, including china tea sets patterned exclusively for Soho House Group and crystal decanter and rocks glasses for the whiskey enthusiast.
8. All are outfitted in wallpaper specially designed for the property and showcase vintage radiators, reclaimed floorboards, upholstered headboards (in small rooms), and custom carpet – delivering simple, sophisticated accommodations. Each room is distinct, with adjustments to the color scheme and select furniture.
9. Large windows draped in taupe and sheer curtains, industrial lighting fixtures, and antique chandeliers illuminate the bedrooms. Bathrooms feature subway-tiled showers, large washstands, and deep shelves for ample storage.
10. The property will also feature a lobby bar, two signature open-to-the-public restaurants synonymous with the brand, Pizza East and Chicken Shop, a Cowshed spa, a 12,000-square-foot gym with a boxing ring and laudry services, a screening room, a Club Floor with a drawing room, pantry bar, club bar, and house kitchen and grill and a glass-enclosed Rooftop Bar & Kitchen, as well as an 80-foot swimming pool and outdoor deck, showcasing stunning views of Chicago’s famed architecture
11. Opening rates will start from $240 per night at Soho House Chicago
12. *This clarification, issued Friday, May 23, corrects an earlier edition of this article, which incorrectly stated that the entire Soho House property was member’s only. The hotel, restaurant, bar and spa areas are open to the public. We regret the error. *